Sunday, March 7, 2010

Standards, and Key Ideas, and Performance Indicators! Oh, My!

Our groups presented projects this week. Each group was assigned a standard. Our group had the task of presenting mathematics and science standards.

Math and science standards are a part of MST (Mathematics, Science, and Technology).

MST is composed of seven standards. Standard 3 is the math standard, and standard 4 is the science standard.

Each standard is made up of content standards, or key ideas, which are what the student should know within that standard.

Following the content standards, there are performance indicators. These performance indicators are used for students to show that they understand the content.

After learning about all of the standards, my task is to now pick which standards I will use (both national and state) in my unit plan.

I only need to use all five New York State social studies standards in my unit, and be able to correlate those standards with the national standards.

This should be easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment