Sunday, July 4, 2010

WDYDWYD?

Why do you do what you do?

That was one of the questions we needed to ask ourselves this past week.

For me, I do what I do because because of this...



I used this picture of my cousin which was taken after she received her "Terrific Kid Award" in her 1st grade class this past school year.

My cousin was placed on the Autism Spectrum when she was 18 months old. Through early intervention and the work of her general education and special education teacher, she has blossomed into an excellent student.

She has overcome a lot in her short life, and while her parents deserve a lot of credit, I do believe a big reason for her success are her teachers also.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. This is great! How did you hear about "wdydwyd?"

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard about it through a class I am currently taking. Here's the site if you would like to check it out. http://wdydwyd.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete