Sunday, July 11, 2010

Google Earth...Explore the Possibilities

In order to be a high achiever this week, I designed a newsletter for Google Earth. I love Google Earth.

There is so much you can do with it, especially in the classroom. Teachers can use this tool in any subject and make their lessons more meaningful by adding real world scenarios.

The Google Earth site offers a number of lessons for incorporating their tool into lessons. My favorite was for math.

I always find that when students are able to make real world connections, in math in particular, they tend to try harder and even have more fun!

With Google Earth, people can create 3D images, tag locations, get driving directions, and even make movies!

For those wondering, I made the newsletter using LetterPop. I found it to be somewhat frustrating to use at times, but it may just have been the template I chose. At times when I was writing, the text would no longer be visible.

It offers a number of different templates to create newsletters, however, and if you sign up for the basic package it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment