Sunday, July 11, 2010

NETS-S


After examining the NETS-S standards, I must say, schools are lagging. I am not a full-time teacher, but I do substitute teach. It is sad to see that these standards do not appear to be met all the time.

It seems as though most students have an understanding of technology operations and concepts. Students are using digital tools to research topics, but that appears to be as far as it goes. Once the research is done, it's back to paper and pen to write up the finished product.

For myself, I feel I am better prepared to implement these standards. Through the course I have learned some new and exciting tools to include in my teaching.

Technology in the classroom needs to be used more to allow students to create original works and to have them think critically and problem solve, not just for research.

No comments:

Post a Comment