Friday, July 23, 2010

Engrade Makes Grading Easy

Today I signed up for Engrade, a program which allows teachers to post grades online for everyone, students and parents, to see.

So far, after playing around with the site, I like what I see.

Students can log on to see assignments, grades, attendance, upcoming events, and it also provides a convenient way for students and teachers to communicate.

It was very easy to set up a class (I just created a fake class). You add in the student's name and their ID number.

There were three options available for putting grades in. You could make each grade in 10 percent increments (ex. 100% = A, 90% = B, etc.), grades could be put in manually, or you could put in whatever percentage you wanted to correspond with a particular grade.

Attendance could easily be taken on here, and it allows you to export the data to Excel.

Assignments are also easily added. Just click on where it says "add new assignment" and you just type it in.

I was very pleased with Engrade, and I didn't find anything that I disliked about the site.

This software would definitely be useful to teachers in the classroom. Teachers can put in all of their information in no time at all.

It should also appeal to students and parents as well. Students will have yet another place to find out the night's assignment when they forget to write it down (the other places are homework hotline, calling a friend, and teacher's website).

Parents will be able to view their student's grades whenever they want to.

Here is a screen shot I took of my pretend class of five students, and their grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment