Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Designing a WebQuest


One of our big projects this semester is designing our very own WebQuest based on either a science or math lesson.

A WebQuest gives students a problem or puzzle, and the students must use Internet resources, as well as work in collaborative groups, to answer questions and present their findings.

Every WebQuest consists of the following: Introduction, task, process/resource list, strategies, evaluation, conclusion, credits, and teacher page.

This won't be my first time designing a WebQuest. Over the summer, I tried to design one for a summer class for one of my projects. Let's just say it didn't work out so well.

After the past couple weeks studying lesson planning in my methods course, I feel I am more prepared now. One reason for that is PBWorks. This is the site where my WebQuest will be designed.

I have a lot of experience with PBWorks after using it to create my unit plan last semester.

I also plan on using my WebQuest in my fieldwork.

I have been in contact with the classroom teacher who has kindly allowed me to use her classroom to teach three different types of lesson (direct, indirect/inductive, and indirect/interactive).

Since a WebQuest incorporates collaborative work, I plan on using it during my indirect/interactive lesson.

I am excited to see how this all works out, and I'm even more excited to use my finished WebQuest in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment